Saturday, October 9, 2010

7" Truckette

lauree's got a new bag!


I don't know what this line of Queen Bee bag was called, so I'm going with "record." As owner Lauree says "they don't make 'em like this anymore."

UPDATE: Mystery solved! Heidi from QB headquarters in comments fills us in.

The 7" Truckette, all of these were made with a small zipper inside the flap so that you could change your record on a whim. Let's face it, not every day is a Lionel Ritchie day. ( Am I right, or am I right??)

2 comments:

  1. The 7" Truckette, all of these were made with a small zipper inside the flap so that you could change your record on a whim. Let's face it, not every day is a Lionel Ritchie day. ( Am I right, or am I right??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, I've already had to change the record out. I was in Portland for a conference in July 2009 and while outside in the sun, the record got warped. After various travels far and wide across the globe, it also got cracked.

    Original record: Alice Cooper "Go to Hell"
    current selection: Grand Funk "The Loco-Motion"

    I had a carrier full of 45s my brother-in-law's Mom gave me years ago, so I went through it and found the Grand Funk one. Putting a record in there basically means you'll never play it again, but I opted for the Grand Funk since it matched the colors!

    here's an updated photo: http://flic.kr/p/8JmwuE

    ReplyDelete